The food delivery business is a competitive one and one that requires a lot of resources.
The two biggest players in this market are Doordash and Yelp, but which is better for small businesses?
Many different companies offer food delivery services, with some being more popular than others. Most of these companies are very similar in terms of their offering: they all have similar prices and menus and generally offer the same level of customer service.
However, some differences between them may make it worth your while to try out a new service if you're unhappy with your current one or want to try something new!
Doordash vs Yelp, which is better for small businesses?
If you're a small business owner and want to know the pros and cons of using Yelp vs DoorDash, here's what you should consider:
- Yelp is more popular than DoorDash. There are more restaurants on Yelp than there are on DoorDash, which means that your customers may have an easier time finding your restaurant if it's listed on the platform.
- Yelp has better reviews than Doordash. The average rating for a restaurant on Yelp is 3.5 stars out of 5; the average rating for a restaurant on Doordash is 2 stars out of 5 (and that's only because some people give their drivers five stars).
Why would you choose DoorDash over Yelp?
If you're looking for a way to get your business noticed, Yelp is the way to go. But if you're looking for the best value and flexibility, DoorDash might be a better option.
While both companies have their pros and cons, here are some reasons why choosing DoorDash over Yelp may make sense:
Doordash is newer than Yelp, which has more room for growth as it continues to build its customer base.
The number of customers using DoorDash is much higher than those using Yelp (about 80 million vs 30 million). Additionally, many of these customers live further away from where they order food--meaning they'll likely spend more money on deliveries than those ordering through other platforms like GrubHub or Seamless!
Why would you choose Yelp over Doordash?
Yelp is the more established platform, and as such, has a larger user base than Doordash. Yelp also has more reviews than Doordash. This makes it easier to find your business on their platform if you're looking for it.
If you want to reach out to local customers through social media platforms, then Yelp may be the better option for you because they have more followers than Doordash (although this can change over time).
What are the pros & cons of both services?
- Pros: Yelp is a well-established brand that's been around since 2004 and has over 100 million reviews.
- Pros: Doordash offers delivery from local restaurants and businesses, making it easy for customers to order food from their favorite places in one place.
- Cons: The delivery fee on Yelp is higher than Doordash, which can be an issue if you're not getting enough orders to make up for the extra cost of ordering through this platform instead of directly through the restaurant or business itself (which often has lower fees). This might also depend on your location; if you live in an area where more people are using Doordash than Yelp, then it might make sense to go with them instead.
- Cons: Doordash doesn't have as many reviews as Yelp does in fact, they only have about six million total reviews compared with 100 million+ total reviews on Yelp.
- Cons: You won't have access to customer feedback like ratings or star ratings when using this service; however, if someone leaves feedback about their experience at least once every six months (or if you actively ask them), then some information may still be available regarding whether or not people enjoyed what they ordered from your business before making any decisions about signing up yourself!
Many people find it difficult to decide which platform to use for their restaurant delivery needs
If you're a restaurant owner trying to decide which platform is right for your business, you should know that both Yelp and DoorDash have pros and cons.
Here's what we think:
- On one hand, Yelp has a wider user base than Doordash; on the other hand, Doordash has more delivery options than Yelp does (including Uber Eats). This makes it hard for some businesses that want both high customer traffic and a variety of services when deciding between these two platforms.
- When it comes down to customer service ratings from customers themselves (as opposed to company-provided stats), Yelp tends not only to have better scores but also higher numbers overall compared with other third-party review sites like Google My Business or Foursquare Local which means if there's something wrong with an order or delivery experience then chances are higher that someone will leave feedback about it before giving them another chance! In contrast, however...
We hope that we have helped you better understand both Yelp and DoorDash platforms and their respective pros and cons. If you're looking for a reliable food delivery service, then we would recommend choosing DoorDash over Yelp because it offers more benefits than its competitor.
However, if your business already has an established online presence then perhaps consider using both platforms so they can work together seamlessly!